Tuesday, May 03, 2005

All Day! For the Lord!

When I was young, people kept on saying to me that there is a "proper" time to worship God and read the Bible. I was also taught that God is this Almighty God... to be feared! A God who punishes! Hmm, let's say as a kid... I felt God was so distant and hard to reach... I was worshiping out of fear.

I thought to myself... is God really this "punisher"? I remember my teachers say "Naku bad yan... magagalit si God!" (Translation: "That's bad... God will get angry!"). In a sense yes God will get angry if we do things that are against His commandments but... I think my teachers in religion class should have explained or showed the reasons behind the commands. I thought the commands were too "restrictive" or "harsh" but now; having my eyes opened, having my brain... WASHED! (Like Pastor Nixon shared "I'm happy they are brainwashing me... because my brain is full of dirt and I needed it washed!") I know God is a caring and loving God, and that the commandments are there because of love and concern. Thus, now I'm doing and following the commands not because of fear... but because I love God! They are not at all restrictive or harsh... infact they freed me from the bondage of this world! Wahooo!

Oh by the way, with regards to having a "proper" time for God... I say, EVERYTIME is a "proper" time for God! He should be part of our daily activities... from the time we open our eyes until we close them to sleep... wait... even in sleep! He's still part of it, hehehe... well the song below can help explain. Glory be to God!

This one is for the Lord! It's from the Hillsong Praise and Worship CD.

All Day

I don't care what they say about me
It's alright, alright
I don't care they think about me
It's alright, they'll get it one day

I love you, I'll follow you
You are my, my life
I will read my bible and pray
I will follow you all day

I don't care what it costs anymore
Cos' you gave it all and I'm following you
I don't care what it takes anymore
No matter what happens I'm going your way

All Day
All Day now
All Day

Anyone around can see
just how good you've been to me
For all my friends that don't know you
I pray that you would save them too


No comments: