Saturday, January 07, 2006

Gone Fasting Whoa! Weee!

Been awhile since my last post hehehe... well, happy new year to everyone... man! I believe this will be a year of breakthroughs, blessings and experiencing new and more exciting things / events under the Lordship of Jesus Christ! Weee! :)

Well, our church (Victory Christian Fellowship) - is doing it's annual 7 day fasting. I'm excited to undergo this... the longest fast I did was a 3 day water fast and man it was amazing! :) I'm excited to forego of solid food and juices for the next 7 days and focus on the Lord (only taking in water).

I'm in my 2nd day of fasting and very funny... sardines now seems to be as enticing as eating a big chuck of steak! The smell of food is increadibly tempting... but just like what Jesus said in the bible...

Matthew 4:1-4
1Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." 4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

For those wondering why fast? Click on this link :) I believe that prayer and fasting is a vital part of being a Christian... some view fasting as mere tradition or obligatory... but I belive fasting is relational - a relationship with you and the Lord Jesus Christ. C'mon! Weee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »