Monday, January 16, 2006

Breaking the Fast, Movie Time and Fellowship

Last thursday (Jan. 12), I broke the fast that lasted for 1 week. It was an experience I will never forget... an act that I'll be doing regularly in my walk with God :)

Well, what a way to start the year... facing trials and tests during the moment when I'm at my weakest (physically) - people often think that people fast because of a "prize" or a prayer that we want God to answer... but if that will be the case then... is fasting a way to "twist" God's arm? Just for us to get our prayers answered? Is fasting a way to "make" God into a genie who answers all our wishes? I think fasting for centuries has been viewed in the wrong way... if you read the Bible... fasting is an integral part of being a Christian... people often think that it is a way for God to "hear" us... but rather... the real heart of fasting is for us to hear God... to know God... to have a deeper relationship with Him... that He is the source of everything we have and we are. God Himself is the prize... A relationship with Him is the very reason why we fast... every blessing that comes after that is simply a bonus :) The whole point of fasting is re-aligning to God and dedicating your life to strive to get to know Jesus better. I'm looking forward to all His plans and purpose for me this 2006 and my life...

FYI... my fasting was - 3 days [water only] and 4 days [1 meal a day]. In the future, I'll do 1 week water only but I'll be preparing my body for that hehehe :)

I'm so thankful to God - sustaining me and my fiancé during the fasting period... He also strengthen us as we go through the trials and testing during our engagement. I know that when God places things in our lives it is for the better. Me and my fiancé believe that these tests will strengthen our relationship... but importantly... it'll strengthen our relationship and faith in the Lord :) We might not understand the tests... but we know the heart of the test giver... and as is written in the Bible... God's will is good,pleasing, perfect (Romans 12:1-2). Thank you Lord! :)

Me and my fiancé watched "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", we were with our spiritual brother and sister... Taki and Meng Cuevas. I can remember that Taki and Meng's relationship was one of the "seeds" that lead me to this journey of mine... knowing and surrendering - Jesus as Lord and Savior of my life. Me and my fiancé enjoyed the fellowship and the movie. Hearing how God worked in Taki and Meng's life is a testimony of how powerful and loving God is. You can read Taki's blog through my blog links at the side panel.

With regards to the movie... man! It was great! Probably one of the best movies I've ever seen. C.S. Lewis was able to portray the very heart of what Christianity is all about. The battle over man... what sin will do... the "wages" of sin... the ultimate sacrifice (what Jesus has done for us)... what we can do as Christians... talk about tons and tons of symbols of how we are as a Christian! I can say that the movie strengthened my faith in God :) I talked to my fiancé already about investing in an original DVD... Weeee! :)

No comments: