Saturday, October 16, 2004

Congratulations!

Well welcome to my very first blog! It's a saturday morning and I'm getting ready to attend the graduation rites. Hmmm, ang bilis talaga ng panahon! Couple of years back, I've seen these students come into my classroom, I've seen them blossom from naive froshies to mature seniors and now graduates... getting ready to face the challenges of "real life".

Gezz, I feel so old... hehehe... I can remember my own graduation... waking up at around 5:30am, putting on my toga... going to the PICC... grabe!!! Hehehe, and of course the incredible "sigh" after the whole event (finally graduate na ako!!!) and syempre the slowly creeping up fear of "what the heck will I be doing next?".

To the batch 2004. Congrats!!! This is the start of "real" life... the "real" world... college is supposed to have prepared you for this... I know you guys can do it! Believe in yourself! Strive to succeed! This is where you reach for your dreams and build your future!

By the way, to my former students... "wag nyo akong tatawagin na sir ha! if we see each other... di ko na kayo students! Norman or Norms will do" hehehe. Well, congratulations again! Good luck and God bless.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SIR!!! erms... norms? err... i'm not used to calling you on first name basis, well at least not now! haha!!! this is one of your former students, mitch (remember rocky, neb, paul, arvin, samala & all the rest of the people in the block?!)... well anyway just noticed that you have a blogger, sorry for the anonymity, i don't know if my account here is still active since it's been a long time (i'm using livejournal & blurty though)...

it does feel different once a person graduates, i guess the joy of earning your own money is one thing but the stress & hardwork of earning it is another... i guess i should be happy with my work since i'm still related to IT, uhm... i guess part of it... i'm working as an accounting assistant in one of the top companies in the world (so they say!) using one of the most talked about system (i guess as of the present it's not that much of a big deal), SAP. just to let you know it's quite boring though... haha! but i get to appreciate thesis when i first got my hand on SAP. i could imagine all the hardwork & brainstorming a programmer has to go through to develop such a program! haha!!!

well i better get back to work... yup! it's still a sin, browsing the net when one should be listening in class, well in this case working!

peace out!